Thursday, November 16, 2006

Escapism ~ Puteri Waterfalls at Gunung Ledang

the urge was too strong to resist.. i couldn't help but to entertain the thought and then, once again i did it... i packed my bags n left to puduraya that morning. Took the first bus that was leaving for my destination - Gunung Ledang. The one & only bus that passes Tangkak was Cepat Express. Stopping at the 'Tangkak Sentral', thats where i got into a cab that took me straight to the Ledang resort. It was a half an hour journey passing through a plantation estate on both sides. From afar the mountain range can already be seen. Extremely hot weather though. I smiled to myself thinking... Purfecto! Just what i needed... away from the concrete walls of the city.

Checked in to my room... they din have single beds, only standard rooms. Basic details in the room... TV, 2 single beds all for myself, a proper bathroom + Heater was the main thing i needed. There was also a pool which i dipped myself in after the trip climbing up to the CheckPoint1.

By the time i got sorted, it was already about 2pm. Changed to gym gear, locked room & Grabbed a can of 100+ from this fly-infested restaurant & then started walkin up to explore what was spread in front of me... The first waterfall i passed by was filled with families and children. I told myself i was goin to the peak, not settling for the easier task.
So i started walking up. There was a set trail right up to Puteri Water Falls. Thats the highest peak with the trail made of stairs n arranged stones. From there, one heads into the jungle and continue climbing about 2km to reach the 1st check point to register before continuuing to the peak. The thing i didnt know was that there was another waterfall at the checkpoint itself which is actually the higher one to reach so that was a bonus for me. The water was colder than the ones below, naturally and the place had this breathtaking surroundin which left me in a natural high! i was completely lost for a bit. the beauty of the place was indescribable...
i was in love! It was a moment of joy & ecstatic & wonder & amazement...

i stayed on for a while there. Spoke to one of the rangers there on the possibility of trekking further. But to no avail that day coz it was already 3 by then and it takes almost 6 hours to reach the peak. I made a mental note of this to come back again for the kill. I settled for the 2nd best for this time around. But this was just the right amount of pleasure i needed... for a start.

after taking in de breathtaking view and feeding my ears and mind with the rough sounds of the waterfall i decided to start walkin down again before it got dark... One of the best days of my life, i thought.. really was.. just me, by myself with Gods' creation all around me...

Upon reachin the base, i was already feelin all tired and hot... so i took a quick shower n jumped into the pool. was soaking till it started drizzling. Then in no time, it began to rain cats n dogs so i sat outside my room, on the grass, to get wet in the rain. Something i've not done in a long while. So that was the grand finale to my day outdoors. Got it when the thunder became louder & louder. Had a long bath & jumped into bed under covers. Watched news on ch3... same old stuff, ppl killing & burning another, house break-ins, etc... Had my good companion books to read so i din get bored. Read till i fell asleep... & the next thing i see was sunlight coming in through the window... lazed in bed till noon and then got packed to leave for home...

so there goes... my first nature trip alone... my escapism stint...
can't wait for the next...

All pictures relating to the trips n stories can be found at this link : http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/87498.773c9e82650... Yenjoy!

No comments: