Thursday, July 29, 2010

Latest Workout Update

Wednesday...

Went for a jog at Lake Gardens. It was a great evening but I was feeling unusually lazy. I almost changed my route and gone home! I pushed myself to go because I know I have to acclimatize myself with running on the road. I ain't gonna run on a threadmill on Sat! It's a run on the road. I took my changing bag into the toilet. 20cents per entry with free tissue. But must remember to take the tissue from outside, there is only a drier in the toilet. a very basic unit. All floors were wet. Found one that was more dry than the others and got in to change. I reminded myself not to ever go there to change again as it was very very inconvenient.

I warmed up near my car. It was about 7:15 when I started to walk. about 500 metres into walking I bumped into an old friend Dharmein whom i've not met for ages! We chatted for a while and I found out that he was also going for the SHAPE run! He was with 3 of his colleagues there. I asked again - 12.3KM? He said yea.. so not the fun run ah? Yes, fun run is 5KM.
WOW what a coincidence i said. He asked why i haven't been coming out these days. I had no idea! I guess being in Subang has been a little inconvenient unless prior plans were made and we never made such plans.
I excused myself after a while as it was getting darker then. I didn't like the idea of running in the dark.

So I ran. One full round ONLY and I was already tired! I am soo screwed this Saturday I thought to myself.
Bad bad shape!
One thing that made me happy was to see my sweat. I had trinklets of sweat which appeared on my hands and forehead and body when I was cooling down. That felt good. To see and feel my own sweat. As my history goes, I am not used to sweating before. I also have never ran in my entire life except in school during P-Jasmani lesson for warm up when we used to run around the padang and in preparation for sports when we had to sprint for our sports team. Even then running was never a priority to me. I dreaded it and never really got off with it in the right foot.
It carried on till today. Until 2010 came about & Sumi came to KL. 2010 came with a lot of new plans and changes and Sumis' presence eased the transition period as well as she was the one who loved to run (IF I can say that. Altho she'll KILL me for saying it)
At least she was someone who was used to running, unlike ME!
I used to hate running alongside her because she doesn't allow room for being tired. It was military rules with that woman! Anyway as much as i resisted, I also started to see it positively. I read a great deal about running, on how to improve my stamina, different running methods etc etc. Bugged VJ a lot. And then the gym membership came along. It was very timely as we used to go to the park at least a few times in a week, after work for me and after class for her. It didn't quite work because our plans were subject to weather conditions. If it rains or drizzles plans had to be cancelled. So gym treadmill was a good alternative and I began frequenting the gym more than I ever did in my entire life.
I relieved my previous 2 gym memberships with the idea that gym was not ideal for me. I'm not a gym or equipment person I used to say.
And I still signed up. I must say that in the past 2 months, I have frequented the gym more times than I have in the 3 years of being a gym member. My push factor has been the goals I had in mind to achieve - at this point of time is to be able to participate in the SHAPE run without dropping DEAD!

I'm going again today. We'll see.

No comments: