Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Settling into a new phase in life

So i've moved into a brand new phase of life - all within 6 months. June 2013 came and left like a tornado. I became a wife and a life companion to my 6 years-long love. It helps that both our parent's home is within 15 mins from where we live. Since June we have been in constant contact and visits with home. Mostly on an as an when needed basis. Our brand new #ikeakitchen arrived in July. After much drama, of course. We have been planning our #kitchen for the past 6 months, on top of the wedding plans and home renovation, shifting out of our old house. When we booked the kitchen and paid cash at the checkout counter it was almost 11pm. After checking out, we had to take a queue number at the service counter to arrange for delivery of our kitchen items. Little did we know that we had to make arrangements with the contractors of Ikea to install the cabinets! So, the delivery guys are different that the guys who put the kitchen together! #CTArtDesign are the guys who fix the cabinets and we're supposed to make arrangements with them to book their schedule as they are usually booked back to back. I got on the phone with the customer service person and she told me that the next available date is 1 month away! I almost fainted! I threw a ruckus, told her I won't be in town then (partly true as my Singapore biz trip was due that same time) and I insisted she took another look at the schedule she had. Apparently they had an overwhelming booking due to the recent #IkeaKitchenPromo ending June. After about 2 mins, she came back to the phone and said there's another available slot a week from then. With a sigh of relief I immediately booked that slot and asked hubs to stay home to see through the contractors instead. They did an awesome job! The kitchen cost us a total of MYR4,500. For all our baskets, table top, and cabinets. Since it's just the two of us, I didn't want to go all out and fill the walls as well. I wanted to see some space so left it with the standing cabinets for now. I'll try to find some before and after pics to be posted. #IkeaKitchen rocks!

No comments: