Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On Death...

It's funny how we miss someone whom we love even after they've passed on in life.. The memories alone is not enough to feed our thoughts when we think of our loved one... The absense of their presence still leave a hollow space in our lives.. But for how long?

It's been 4 years since Anya left us. Although I am rest assured that his physical suffering is gone and he is tending to the gardens of Heaven, I still miss him daily even until now. There's never been a single day he has not been in my mind. Memories of him coming back in his bicycle, calling my name to ask for coffee, scolding if the water is not hot enough and even giving me money from the very little that he has.

I don't have the opportunity to give him money in return.. He is long gone. I miss his presence dearly. The physical presence of him talking to me, walking with me and taking me in his bicycle to school when we were much younger, carrying all 4 of our bags on his shoulder and walking us back in the evenings, plucking jasmine flowers together with us in the afternoon when he comes home for lunch..

Those are fond memories of the past which still lingers on. Times that has long passed but I live it each day by thinking of it. Some experts might analyse my situation and say that I am clinging on to my past. I beg to differ. I am not clinging on the the past but merely memories of those which has my anya in it.
Memories which remind me again and again why i loved him so much.
Memories which tells me how a fatherly love should be and remembered..

He may not have left me many riches in the material world but he left me with so much of fatherly love and care... Something no money can buy or trade for.. An experience I can only pass on to the generations to come.... In the hope that they cherish it as much as I did.. I still love you anya.. Rest in peace.

No comments: